Department: Operations Season: Winter Seasonal Time: Full Time
Location: 6921 Route 242 – Ellicottville, NY 14731
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available for Day shifts and Night shifts
Start and End Dates: Start of season through end of season. Approximately early December through early March.
Job Summary: The Snowmaker is responsible for the upkeep, maintenance, and snow creation across the mountain. With three shifts that run throughout the day and night, snowmakers get the opportunity to be on the mountain first and leave last. Become an expert on the mountain and get a chance to experience the first snows of the season.
- Operate snowmaking equipment for creating manufactured snow from water resources
Produce quality snow through the use of air, water, and fan equipment
- Constant relocation of guns and hoses to various areas around the mountain
- Adjusting, turning or moving of snow guns, sometimes by hand, to maintain snowmaking efficiency
- Adjusting the water and or air flow to snow guns
- Document and report mechanical/safety issues, complete maintenance logs and checklists
- Perform light maintenance or repairs on equipment
- Work safely in close proximity to heavy equipment, high voltage, and high water pressures
- Perform other duties as assigned while waiting for optimum snowmaking weather
- Work closely with and assist other departments such as Grooming, Ski Patrol, Lift Operations
- Test the quality of snow as it is made, reporting findings and conditions to the supervisor
- Drive snowmobiles, trucks and ATVs as necessary
- Work schedules when optimal temperatures provide for the best snowmaking
NOTE: All HoliMont employees are required to perform alternate functions from time to time, both within and outside of their assigned department, particularly during peak periods such as holiday weekends.
- The ability to work in adverse weather conditions include wind, snow, ice
- Good communication skills and accurately follow instructions
- Able to safely lift 50lbs
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Good work ethic and dependability. Excellent communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside and requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must remain alert and attentive at all times. Must lift up to 50 pounds. Shoveling snow and/or ice is required.
Outdoors in very cold temperatures. · Under plumes of snow guns, i.e., wet conditions. · Lift heavy objects, including snowmobiles. · Skiing with bamboo, signs, tools, hoses, etc.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.